Want to Grow Your Hair? Switch to Natural Shampoos!
We have always been told that going natural is a better alternative to chemical products. Shampoos are no exception. Since our ancient times in India especially, we have had a variety of natural shampoos made of ingredients that benefit the hair and promote hair growth.
Are you facing constant hair fall, dandruff or other hair-related problems? Fear not, natural shampoos might just be right for you!
Natural shampoos generally contain ingredients that are harmless to the hair and are formulated in such a manner that they can treat hair issues without side effects. What can be better than this?
This is not a new concept, but the revival of a very old tradition of washing hair with herbal ingredients. Now that organic and natural shampoos are trending in the market, it is important to know how they help our hair and what we can get out of them.
- What are natural shampoos?
- Benefits of natural shampoo
- What ingredients to look for in a natural shampoo?
- How do we choose a natural shampoo?
First, let us look into the meaning of natural shampoos.
What Does it Mean When Shampoos are ‘Natural'?
Natural shampoos contain natural plant extracts that help the hair and scalp in many forms without use of chemicals. They are infused with natural oils, herbal extracts and minerals that go deep into the hair follicles and treat the hair from the root (quite literally :p). They also make hair healthy and repair damaged hair.
Natural shampoos can also simply mean products that are free from toxic chemicals such as parabens, sulfates, and SLS. They use gentle, non-drying cleansing ingredients.
NDA’s definition of natural means that the cleansing agents used in the formulation of our base are gentle on the hair, scalp, and skin. Conventional synthetic shampoos are more likely to expose the hair and skin to harsh chemical ingredients that can potentially have harmful long-term effects — including skin irritation, dryness, reduction in the size or deterioration of hair follicles. While using natural hair products, you need not worry about these potential side-effects.
So, how do natural shampoos help our hair?
Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Tuco Hairtelligent® Proven To Fight® Dandruff 200gBuy Now
Here’s Why Natural Shampoo is the Hair’s Best Friend
Natural shampoo has various benefits to offer our hair. Let’s see them.
Balances pH levels
It is bad if haircare products are either too acidic or alkaline. A balanced shampoo best suits our scalp. Natural shampoo base is formulated to have a pH range of 4.5-5.5, a balanced pH level that is perfect for our hair.
Soothes the hair
Natural shampoos are known for soothing and stimulating hair growth. They are gentle in nature, yet nourish our hair with all required minerals. They also promote new hair growth and smoothen our hair strands. They enhance the overall texture and appearance of our hair and make it healthy.
The common natural hair oils used for hair growth include almond, ginseng, jojoba, lavender, lemongrass, and prickly pear oils.
It is no news that natural shampoos act as hair moisturizers. They often contain ingredients that lock the moisture content in the scalp and prevent the drying up of hair follicles. This reduces hair fall and prevents creation of dry scalp and dandruff.
Gels, oils, and butters may be obtained from leaves, nuts, seeds, or kernels. Aloe vera, coconut oil, and butters such as cocoa are among the popular moisturizers that are found in natural shampoos and conditioners.
The best part about using natural shampoos is that they are environmentally friendly (along with being hair friendly). Isn’t that cool? We can use these products without feeling guilty about environmental pollution. This is because they contain non-toxic ingredients, which replace harsh chemicals that may pollute water sewer systems and rivers.
The pure and natural ingredients used in these shampoos leave no room for allergies. Allergies are generally caused due to artificial dyes and fragrances that irritate the skin. If you experience such reactions with your shampoo, it’s time to switch to natural ones.
Suits all hair types
There is a wide variety of natural shampoos and conditioners that cater to different hair types. They offer a range of benefits to specific target areas of concern, and for unique hair qualities. They are available for people who suffer from dryness and dull hair, as well as people with oily hair.
What Ingredients to Look For in a Natural Shampoo?
- Aqua - water
- Sodium Cocoamphoacetate - a mild surfactant, foam booster or stabilizer, and conditioner, derived from coconut oil
- Glycerine - a transparent, colorless, and unscented liquid derived from the oils of plants such as coconut, palm, or soy. This ingredient cleanses, moisturizes, and soothes the skin.
- Lauryl Glucoside - a surfactant composed of coconut or palm oil and corn glucose. This ingredient promotes easy cleansing and rinsing.
- Citric Acid - an organic acid that occurs naturally in citrus fruits. This ingredient reduces the pH level of a product. It may also improve the function of a preservative.
- Shea butter - this reduces dryness and treats scalp damage from the root.
- Coconut oil - this boosts hair volume and smoothens the hair.
If a natural shampoo contains these main ingredients, along with other non-toxic materials, then consider it safe to use.
Anti-Hairfall Shampoo with Keratin & Rice Protein for Healthy Hair Proven to fight hair fall 200mlBuy Now
How to Choose a Natural Shampoo?
Before you select a natural shampoo, keep these things in mind. Firstly, identify your hair type and check if it falls under any of the categories of dry, oily or a mix of both. After you are aware of your hair type, the next thing to do is to check the ingredient list. Look for products that contain natural enriching ingredients such as tree tea oil, shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera and natural fruit extracts. Also reject the products that contain harmful and toxic chemicals, as they tend to severely damage the hair.
Now that you know what to look for in a natural shampoo, we can take a look at some of the natural shampoos and conditioners from UnbottleCo, whose actives are derived from natural botanicals — and do not contain sulfates, parabens or phthalates!
Tuco hairtelligent® Anti-Dandruff Conditioner proven to fight dandruff
This fights dandruff and frees the hair with its 4 super botanicals!
- Activated charcoal aids scalp health
- Wheat gram arrests dandruff.
To prevent recurrence:
- Keratin makes hair stronger
- Jojoba oil boosts hair volume
Anti-Hairfall Shampoo with Keratin & Rice Protein for Healthy Hair Proven to fight hair fall
This product has ingredients that are proven to fight hair fall — and that too, organically.
- Biotin helps in intense hydration
- Rice protein soothes and nourishes the scalp
To prevent recurrence
- Keratin makes hair stronger
- Niacinamide promotes hair growth
Tuco hairtelligent® anti frizz oil for smooth and silky hair with Argan oil and silk protein, Proven to fight frizz
This natural pre-wash contains:
- Argan oil — removes frizz and softens hair
- Virgin coconut oil — improves hair texture and smoothens hair
- Silk protein — boosts hair strength and moisturizes
- Pomegranate — heals damaged cuticles
- Linoleic acid — stimulates hair growth
- Bamboo extract — has scalp-soothing properties
- Jojoba oil — boosts hair volume
- Wheat germ oil — builds collagen
- Shea butter — reduces dryness and treats scalp damage