Grape Seed Oil
Grape seed oil is a byproduct of winemaking and is extracted from the leftover seeds. It is an all-natural oil that offers numerous benefits for health, skin, face and hair. Grape seed oil is multi-used nectar with a powerful punch of antioxidant properties which helps to reduce the damaged cells and some certain skin-related problems. This is the reason why all natural grape seed oil has become the first choice of many beauty industry marketers.
Scientific name: Vitis vinifera seed oil
Grape seed oil uses & benefits
The uses and benefits of grape seed extract oil for skin and hair are countless. The inherent properties of the oil make it suitable for many skin and hair problems. It is a great alternative to be included in your daily skin-care regime. Some of the key uses are discussed below.
Grape seed oil uses for skin
- Grape oil contains a great amount of vitamin E. So if you use grape seed oil-based products, it will help to improve your skin. Further, it fights against the free radicals that damage skin cells.
- Grape seed oil is a great source of omega-6 fatty acids. A grape seed oil body lotion creates a barrier on the skin which restricts inflammatory agents to pass through the three dermis layers.
- Using grape seed oil body lotion on a daily basis can make the skin plumper, softer, and firmer.
- All-natural grape seed oil is used to moisturise your skin whether it is applied only as oil or cream and lotion.
- When products like body washes or soaps containing grape seed oil are used on your body, it works to reduce the visible scars.
- Grape seed oil is a popular ingredient to cope with the problem of loose skin. The products containing this oil help to tighten the skin and provide the desired elasticity.
- The grape seed oil contains an antioxidant ingredient called Proanthocyanidin. The regular use of oils containing such antioxidants helps to even out skin tone.
Grape seed oil for hair
- When directly used on hair and scalp, it improves the quality of hair. It makes hair stronger, shinier and moisturised.
- Grape seed oil is a lightweight oil that doesn’t let your hair feel greasy or weighed down. So, applying it daily can be an option.
- Aloe vera and grape seed oil for hair is a great remedy for both dry hair and scalp. Applying only oil will also help to loosen the dead skin of your scalp and rejuvenate its moisture.
- Grape seed oil is a great source of linolenic acid which helps to get rid of the problem of baldness. So, using grape seed oil for hair regrowth is always a better choice for your hair.
- The oil is also functional to prevent the premature greying of your hair. So, it is an effective solution to get rid of greying hair naturally without using hair colour or dye.
How to apply/use Grape seed
Among the natural beauty staple ingredients, grape seed oil plays a vital role in nourishing your skin and hair. It is used in many ways but below are the best ways to apply it.
Grape seed oil for skin
- Before going to bed at night, use a few drops of grape seed oil on your skin to protect it from being dull and rough.
- Take some drops of oil on your fingers and apply the oil over your skin gently. By applying this way, grape seed oil for wrinkles can work wonders and help to decrease the signs of early greying on your skin.
- Take a small amount of cream or lotion containing grape seed oil. Give your scarred skin a gentle massage and repeat the process daily for optimum results.
- Use personal care products like soaps and body washes containing grape seed oil in the general way you use soaps and body washes.
Grape seed oil for hair
- You can use the mixture of aloe vera and grape seed oil for hair. Mix both the ingredients in equal amounts and apply it as a conditioner. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash your hair with normal water. This will nourish your dry hair and smoothen it from the follicles to the tips.
Side effects of Grape seed
With many benefits, some of the grape seed oil side effects can also appear as given below.
- Using grape seed oil on your hair and scalp can cause headaches sometimes.
- If you are allergic to grapes, grape seed oil can cause redness, itchiness or rash on your skin.
- Grape seed oil skin side effects also include irritation of chapped skin when applied directly to open wounds.
Precautions while using Grape seed
Taking some precautions before using grape seed oil will get you better results.
- To avoid the grape seed oil skin side effects, it is better to do a patch test with a few drops first if you are using it directly on your hair. If it causes a headache, wash off your hair immediately.
- Do not apply this oil to an exposed cut or wound to avoid severe irritation.
- In case of any skin allergy, creams and lotions are good fits because they have lower concentrations of grape seed oil.
FAQs on Grape seed:
First, clean the dirt of seeds and spread it on a cloth sheet to dry under the sun. Make sure that there is no moisture left in the seeds. Then, take an oil expeller and press it. Collect oil after two to three weeks on the surface of the container.
Grape seed oil makes your hair healthier and stronger. It also prevents your hair from premature greying and provides moisture.
Grape seed oil is a powerful component to help in the regrowth of hair. Having antioxidants and fatty acids, it is an effective hair loss solution.
Yes, all natural grape seed oil provides nourishment to your hair which helps to make your hair thicker and more beautiful.
Grape seed oil costs Rs. 800-900 per litre and is available on online shopping portals in India.