Almond Oil A Day Keeps Your Skin And Hair Problems Away!
From childhood we are told almonds are the solution to literally all our problems. Hair fall? Almonds. Want to boost your memory power? Almonds! Glowing skin and healthy hair? The answer is almonds.
It is safe to say almonds take the top position in the nut ranking, also because they are yummy to munch on :p.
From kheer to pongal, almonds find their place somehow! For those of us who don’t directly consume almonds on a daily basis (myself included), almond products such as almond oil can be a great alternative.
Almond oil is filled with antioxidants and anti-aging properties, boosts mental health and promotes weight loss. Almond oil is the answer to all our hair- and skin-related problems.
Almond oil for the skin reduces acne issues and tanning, and boosts collagen making us look younger. For the hair, it increases hair growth, gets rid of dandruff, and prevents hairfall.
Still thinking whether to buy almond oil or not? Don’t worry. Read this article till the end to know the pros and cons of using almond oil!
- Introduction to almond oil
- Health benefits of using almond oil
- Beauty benefits of using almond oil
- Side effects of using almond oil
- How to use almond oil for hair, skin and cooking?
Welcome To The World Of Almond Oil
Almond oil, by definition, is a colorless to yellow oil that is obtained by steam distillation of bitter almond seeds. It is used chiefly in the manufacture of cosmetics, medicines, and perfumes.
Almond oil for the hair has been used for centuries in many countries. The list of benefits for almond oil is a long one. Let us see the main pros of using it.
Why Use Almond Oil: Health Benefits
Yes you can use cold pressed almond oil for cooking. It is 100% safe to use. Why? Since almond oil contains monounsaturated fats that lower the bad cholesterol levels, it keeps the heart diseases such as heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke at bay.
Younger looking you
Almond oil for skin is known for reversing aging. It is packed with Vitamin E (a type of antioxidant), which is responsible for collagen production. It improves your skin health by preventing free radical damage.
Free radical damage means alteration of a cell in the process of being attacked by a free-floating atom. These kinds of damages result in aging of the skin — wrinkles, fine lines and skin sagging. To prevent this, apply almond oil on a regular basis and let your skin feel young.
We have all heard our mothers say how eating almonds before exams keeps our mind sharp and helps you to remember those formulas! That is no myth. Almond oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids in abundance, along with potassium. A few spoons of almond oil along with milk before bed boosts our memory power.
This is one of the most popular reasons for using almond oil. It is no secret that almonds aid in weight loss and in keeping us healthy. Not all fats are bad, and almond oil contains monounsaturated fats, which boosts metabolism and digestion, promoting weight loss.
Now that we know the general benefits of using almond oil, let’s move on to the beauty benefits that it can provide.
Deep Hydrating Body Lotion Proven To Fight Dry Skin With Wheat Germ & Almond Oil 200mlBuy Now
Why Use Almond Oil: Beauty Benefits
Apart from keeping our skin young and fresh, almond oil for skin also reduces tanning. Did you know almond oil for skin can be used as a natural sunscreen? It blocks the harmful rays of the sun from entering our skin. On top of that, it nourishes our skin with its Vitamin E content.
Almonds are famously used for hair growth. Almond oil for hair plays an important role in scalp health. Due to its rich magnesium and mineral content, it aids in hair growth and reduces hair fall. Massage the oil on your scalp and wrap a towel immersed in hot water to let it absorb the nutrients faster.
Almond oil for hair reduces dandruff by removing dead skin cells from your scalp. It also nourishes your hair and keeps other hair problems away. Massage your hair and let it stay for at least half an hour. Even better, mix it with amla juice or lime.
Almond oil is a natural anti-inflammatory product, which when applied on skin, forms a thin layer of protection that prevents it from getting attacked by external pathogens that cause inflammation.
Skin Brightening Body Lotion Proven To Even Out Skin Tone With Kojic Acid & Almond Oil 200mlBuy Now
Side Effects of Using Almond Oil
Too much of anything is bad. Unregulated consumption of almond oil is no exception, and can cause adverse side effects.
Yes, while almond oil in regulated portions can promote weight loss, excess consumption can lead to storage of these fats in the body, and cause serious weight gain.
Hike in cholesterol
Almond oil’s monounsaturated fats, which if taken in excess, can increase your cholesterol levels. Make sure you do not overdo your consumption.
Some people (in rare cases) might be allergic to almonds or the nut family in general. For them, almond oil is a strict ‘no’. The symptoms of the allergic reactions towards almonds include nausea, diarrhea, difficulty to breathe, and difficulty in swallowing.
Though there are side effects to using almond oil, one must understand that they happen only when we consume the oil in excess. Remember that a healthy diet not only depends on including all the nutrients, but also on consuming them according to our body’s requirements.
Are you thinking about how to use almond oil? Let us have a look.
Guide On Using Almond Oil
In your diet:
- You can use it as a dressing for salads, marinades and other sauces. Since almond oil doesn’t have a high smoking point, there is no need to heat it.
- It is an amazing oil for baking cakes, muffins and cookies as well. The mild flavor goes very well with the food, and is not only healthy, but tasty too.
- It is a good alternative to olive oil. Don’t miss it!
For your skin:
- Almond oil for skin acts as a moisturizing agent especially in winters. If you have dry skin, don’t miss out on this advantage.
- You can use almond oil as your makeup remover. Apply a few drops of almond oil on your face and remove makeup in a giffy (no more struggling with makeup removal).
- Almond oils are the best remedies for removing stretch marks. Yes, you read that right! An everlasting problem for so many of us can be solved by a few drops of this oil. Make sure you are not allergic to it.
- Chapped lips? Fear not. Using almond oil softens our lips and keeps it hydrated. Take a small amount of oil and apply on your lips, leaving it overnight.
- Mix almond oil and rose water and apply it on your face. You will experience an instant fresh glow. Beware not to apply oil more than thrice a week, as it can cause breakouts if applied in excess.
- Almond oil is best known for keeping hair moisturized and dandruff at bay.
- You can add some coconut oil to almond oil to bring shine and smoothness to your hair. Apply it and leave it on for 10-15 mins to get good results.
- Mix almond oil, yogurt and honey in a bowl. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it on for some time. Wash it off with a gentle shampoo. This pack keeps your hair cool, and strengthens your tresses during summer.
- Add lemon juice to your almond oil before applying for better results. Lemon keeps dandruff away, while almond oil nourishes the hair.
Almond oil is beneficial for our hair, skin and body. Filled with antioxidants, it boosts our overall health. If you are looking for products having almond oil that is made of 100% natural ingredients, the UnbottleCo skintelligent® range of body lotions is for you!
Acne-Clearing Body Lotion Proven to Fight Acne & Dark Spots With Almond Oil & Shea Butter
Hi! I’m Tuco Skintelligent® 's Acne-Clearing Body Lotion. Here are the botanical super-actives I have inside of me.
- Almond oil, rich in fatty acids, is a proven body acne combatant
- Wheat germ oil nourishes and replenishes dull skin
To prevent recurrence:
- Shea butter is an effective moisturizer that softens skin
- Mango butter protects skin against oxidative stress and sun damage
Skin Brightening Body Lotion Proven to Even Out Skin Tone With Kojic Acid & Almond Oil
Hi! I’m Tuco Skintelligent® 's Skin Brightening Body Lotion. Here are the botanical super-actives I have inside of me.
- Kojic acid treats skin conditions such as sun damage, scars, and age spots
- Kakadu plum, rich in Vitamin C, boosts skin brightening
To prevent recurrence:
- Saffron evens and brightens skin tone
- Natural butters such as cocoa, shea and mango reduce wrinkles and deeply hydrate skin
- Rosehip oil exfoliates and brightens skin
- Turmeric acts as a powerful antioxidant to eliminate free radicals
- Almond oil preserves skin’s natural moisture
Deep Hydrating Body Lotion Proven to Fight Dry Skin With Wheat Germ & Almond Oil
Hi! I’m Tuco Skintelligent®'s Deep Hydrating Body Lotion. Here are the botanical super-actives I have inside of me.
- Kojic acid treats skin conditions, such as sun damage, scars, and age spots
- Almond oil preserves skin’s natural moisture
To prevent recurrence:
- Wheat germ oil builds collagen
- Honey corrects skin tone and brightens skin