As your little ones grow up, so do their skincare needs. From baby bums to big kids, understanding the unique differences in their delicate skin can be a real pain in the neck... or rather, in the diaper area.
When it comes to baby skincare, there are a few staples that every parent knows: baby lotion, baby oil, baby soap, baby shampoo, and baby cream. But did you know that these products are specially formulated to be extra gentle? It's true! Baby skin is thin and delicate, so you don't want to use anything that might irritate it. Plus, babies have a weaker barrier function, which means they lose moisture faster and are more prone to dryness.
And what about sunscreen? While kids might roll their eyes at the thought of slathering on that white goop, it's crucial to protect their skin from harmful UV rays. Look for sunscreen for kids with an SPF of at least 30, and don't forget to reapply often. Trust us, a sunburned kid is not a happy kid.
Here are some products recommended for that in-between skin.
- Intelligent MadeForKids Range: This range understands that kids skin is different from baby skins and have designed and formulated products specifically for this: here
- Mustela Hydra Bébé Body Lotion: This lotion is designed for daily use and is gentle on baby and children's delicate skin. It contains natural ingredients like jojoba oil, sunflower oil, and sweet almond oil to moisturize and protect the skin. You can find it on Amazon and other online retailers.
- Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo: This tear-free wash and shampoo is gentle on baby's skin and hair, and it's also hypoallergenic and free of parabens, mineral oil, and artificial colors. You can find it at Target and other retailers.
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion: This lotion is fragrance-free and contains natural oatmeal to soothe and protect baby's skin. It's also hypoallergenic and free of parabens and phthalates. You can find it at Walmart and other retailers.
- Bioderma ABCDerm Foaming Gel: This soap-free cleanser is gentle on baby's skin and helps to maintain the skin's natural barrier. It's also hypoallergenic and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. You can find it on Amazon and other online retailers.
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen: This sunscreen is specially formulated for babies and kids and provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. It's also hypoallergenic and free of fragrances, parabens, and phthalates. You can find it at Walgreens and other retailers.
Please note that these products may not work for everyone and it's important to test a small amount on your child's skin before using them regularly. It's also recommended to consult with a pediatrician or dermatologist if your child has sensitive skin or any skin conditions.
When it comes to hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested products, those are just fancy words for "less likely to cause a rash" and "tested by a fancy doctor." But who doesn't want to be fancy, right?
And let's not forget baby powder. Sure, it's great for preventing diaper rash, but did you know it can also double as a dry shampoo for those busy mornings when you don't have time to wash your kid's hair? Just sprinkle a little on their scalp and brush it out. Voila! Instant freshness.
So, there you have it, folks. From baby bums to big kids, skincare is an important part of keeping your little ones healthy and happy. Just remember to read the labels, be gentle, and don't forget the baby powder.